Posted from list provided in an email from Bruce & Carolyn Winfrey Gillette, Co-Pastors Limestone Presbyterian Church 3201 Limestone Road Wilmington, Delaware 19808 USA Email: email@example.com
Consider getting these resources for your personal library, church library and donating to your public library (great outreach to have your church on the donor bookplate in the library copy). See excerpts from the books online at the Amazon links. The resources marked with (*) are available for members of the Presbytery of Coastal Carolina to borrow from the Resource Center. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Children of God Storybook Bible by Archbishop Desmond Tutu is a wonderful retelling of fifty biblical stories for children of all ages by the beloved church leader and winner of the Nobel Peace Prize with beautiful illustrations from gifted artists from around the world.
- The Child in the Bible edited by Marcia J. Bunge, Terence E. Fretheim and Beverly Roberts Gaventa is an excellent collection of articles about children in the Bible by top biblical scholars today.
- The Child in Christian Thought (Religion, Marriage, and Family) by Marcia J. Bunge is a wonderful collection of essays about how children and concerns related to them are addressed in the church history and the writings of theologians.
- Active Parenting Now in the Faith Community: A Biblical & Theological Guide by Bruce and Carolyn Gillette and Dr. Freda Gardner is the revised ecumenical guide for the popular Active Parenting Now (third edition).
- *99 Ways to Raise Spiritually Healthy Children by Kathleen Long Bostrom
- Family the Forming Center: A Vision of the Role of Family in Spiritual Formation by Marjorie J. Thompson
- Nurturing Faith in Families: 425 Creative Ideas for Family Ministry by Jolene L. Roehlkepartain
- Keeping House: The Litany of Everyday Life by Margaret Kim Peterson
- In the Midst of Chaos: Caring for Children as Spiritual Practice (The Practices of Faith Series)by Bonnie J. Miller-McLemore
- *Real Kids, Real Faith: Practices for Nurturing Children’s Spiritual Lives (J-B Families and Faith Series) by Karen-Marie Yust
- *The Power of God at Home: Nurturing Our Children in Love and Grace by J. Bradley Wigger
- *The Family-Friendly Church
- 7 Steps to Protecting Our Children (PDF file) is an introductory guide for responsible adults interested in the prevention of child sexual abuse.